Welcome to the SHAH RUKH KHAN'S DON Fans Blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

“Cold War Between Priyanka and Me,” says Isha Koppikar

A bit role opposite Karishma Kapoor in ‘Fiza’ didn’t do anything to further her film career. She had to sizzle hard to make the country go ‘Khallas’ in Ramu’s ‘Company’. It was a struggle thereafter shrugging off the item girl image till she left a mark as an actress with Ekta Kapoor’s sex comedy ‘Kya Kool Hain Hum’. No, she played no sex-kitten in this one. In fact, she was a tough cop who can actually shoo all the lust-quotient down the drain. She was also appreciated in a small role in Vishram Sawant’s ‘D’. Isha Koppikar is all smiles as we pin her down for an IndiaGlitz exclusive for her forthcoming style-flick ‘Don’ where she is essaying a consequential role. And of course, with her face plastered all over the world along with King of hits Shahrukh Khan, Isha is on top of the world and enjoying every moment of it.

Don is a big release….How are the expectations like?
Expectations are touching the sky. They are rising by the day. But I am sure it is going to be a great film. I am confident that it’s gonna do very well at the Box Office.

How was it like working with director Farhan Akhtar?
I missed an opportunity of having to work with Farhan in Dil Chahta Hai. I was supposed to do the role opposite Saif. But I was doing ‘Pyaar Ishq Mohabbat’. That’s one regret I have in life that I couldn’t work with Farhan Akhtar. After that I’ve been in touch with him. It just happened that he called me for this role and I jumped at it. Who can say no to a film of this magnitude!

How differently have you played Anita as compared with the original?
In the earlier ‘Don’ Anita’s character was not consequential. She was so significant. The film could have done without Anita. This film couldn’t have done without Anita. I think that’s all I can say about the character. I can’t say anything more about the film as I would be unveiling a lot of suspense. Anita’s character is mysterious and if I talk about Anita then I would be revealing the suspense. Once you see the film you will get to know what I am talking about. Anita is the only character in the film which you can’t compare with the earlier version.

Did you have those tiffs with Priyanka the way Zeenat Aman had with Anita’s character in ‘Don’?
There’s a constant cold war between Priyanka and me in the film.

You are a fine dancer….What’s your take on the music of the film?
I don’t know about me being a good dancer but the music of the film rocks. It’s very versatile. The music of the film is very retro, disco number like ‘Aaj Ki Raat’ resembling all those ‘Raat Baki’ numbers. Then there’s that vintage desi feel in ‘Khaike’ and ‘Moriya Re’. Then there’s ‘Main Hoon Don’ is superb. My favourite is ‘Ganpati Bappa’, ‘Main Hoon Don’ and ‘Don Revisited’…I love the theme music.

‘Don’ is the biggest film of your career….
I am feeling good. 2006 has been a great year for me. A turning point in my career. God has been kind for me. I think finally things are looking up. And this is just the beginning.

Anita of earlier ‘Don’ doesn’t register and was hardly talked about…So how different in your take in the remake?
Lemme get this straight, I think I’ve done a fair job in the film. Anita is not Don. Anita is Anita. Anita is meant to look good in the film. She loves Don. She is dancing and she is the glamour element. The film’s selling point is Shahrukh Khan. The film sells because of Shahrukh. And the movie looks good because of Priyanka and me.

First film with Shahrukh…
This is my first movie with him and I had a great time. He is one of the finest actors. And I really admire his commitment towards his work. He is a great person. He is a very very selfless person. He really deserves to be where he is. I really respect him.

Your acting credentials were appreciated during ‘Kya Kool Hain Hum’ and ‘D’ and I think you have this desire to play a character like Don yourself
I am playing Shabri in a film by the same name. She is a gangster in a rural set up. It’s a simple girl’s story who gets stuck in a situation because of which she has to revolt against the society. It’s also the story of how she gets motivated or compelled to pick the gun. In terms of performance it is one role that I have enjoyed a lot. I enjoyed ‘Kya Kool Hain Hum’ too in terms of performance satisfaction.

Are you a part of ‘Kya Kool Hai Hum’ sequel too?
I don’t know….You can ask Ekta that…


Source: Indiaglitz

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home